TRAIDCRAFT雙重朱古力曲奇

為了讓孩子有更美好的將來,我會把多出來的收入拿來付孩子的高中學費。公平貿易真的帶了很多好處給我們!」Joyce Chibouro是住在馬拉維的庶糖農民,她更是Traidcraft的糖供應商The Kasinthula Cane Growers’ Association (KCG)的會員。2004年,Traidcraft到當地教導農民關於公平貿易知識的概念,又指導他們如何運用公平貿易所帶來的額外收入去改善社區生活。此額外收入幫助了當地農民去犁地、找到穩定供應的電力和食水。

Joyce-Chibouro-Malawi-sugar

TRAIDCRAFT DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES

Joyce Chibouro is a cane grower and a member of Kasinthula Cane Growers’ Ltd (KCG) in Malawi, which supplies sugar to Traidcraft’s Geobars. Since certification as a Fair Trade cooperative in 2003, the farmers have been benefiting from Fair Trade premium investments in their community, including a stable supply of electricity and clean water. Joyce wants to provide the best for her son, she said “I want my baby to have a good future. If I am able to get more money, I could send him to high school so he may stand by himself in the future.”

Chino-Henriques-Guido-Guenupan-Sonia-Chicao-and-Celia-Gonzalez

 

TRAIDCRAFT杏脯營養麥果巴

營養麥果巴的蜜糖生產於智利。在當地的蜂農Celia,是一位五個孩子的母親。因為加入了Apicoop(Traidcraft的蜜糖供應商),她和她的孩子們的生活質素都有所提升。Apicoop會資助當地的蜂農進行低息貸款,又會協助他們發展養蜂事業。現在,Celia能夠參加Apicoop開辦的大學課程,每星期又會在Apicoop的實驗室工作,協助種植的研究。

 

TRAIDCRAFT GEOBARS

The honey in all Traidcraft Geobars came from beekeepers at the Apicoop co-operative in Chile. Local beekeeper, Celia, is a mother of five children. Joining Apicoop has improved the quality of life for her and her children.

Apicoop helps local beekeepers with low-interest loans and market access. Now, Celia participates in Apicoop’s university program, and she also works at Apicoop’s lab on plant research.

TRAIDCRAFT薑味曲奇

Mr. Abilash K.K是住在印度南部的農民。Traidcraft購買他們的產品,使他在種植菠蘿以外,擁有一個全新的市場,收入自然大大提升。他說:「種植公平貿易的薑令我和其他農民得著很多。而在Traidcraft協助下設立的農民合作社,改善了我們的生活水平,讓我們能夠自主生活。」此外,合作社於印度南部設立了一間專門處理水果加工的工廠,並雇用了約六十人,以公眾共有限公司形式運作,當地農民佔有該工廠70%股權,促進當地就業。

 

TRAIDCRAFT STEM GINGER COOKIES

Mr. Abilash K.K. is a small-scale farmer in Southern India. The purchase from Traidcraft means he has a new market and can grow an extra crop in addition to pineapples. He said “The ginger crop has blessed me, my family and fellow farmers. The benefits of Fair Trade we get through the association with Traidcraft, has finally resulted in improvement of our living standards.”

It also established an experimental fruit-processing factory, to add value to local production. It employs about 60 people. It is a public limited company, with 70% of the shares owned by local farmers, the other 30% by the Government of Kerala.

Mr-Abilash-KK-ginger-India
Celelia-Appianim_credit_Divine-Chocolate

 

DIVINE

 

Divine朱古力公司於2007年獲選為英國最佳社會企業。Cecilia Appianim是西非加納人,亦是Divine的其中一名股東。她是加納村莊的第一位女性記錄員,負責收購可可豆,向農民展示他們可獲得多少報酬,並且檢查可可豆,確保品質優良。她希望各位能繼續支持公平貿易,並支持Divine朱古力,這樣,她們便可以得到更多資金,為與她一樣出身貧困的加納婦女,提供更多教育項目,改寫她們的命運。

 

Divine Chocolate was awarded Best Social Enterprise 2007. Cecilia is a member of the Kuapa Kokoo Cooperative in Ghana, West Africa. She was the first recorder in her village, which is responsible for weighing the beans, paying the farmers, and checking the quality of the beans. She hopes people will continue to support Fair Trade and Divine Chocolate, so that they can have more income to invest in educational projects for poor women to lift them out of poverty.

EQUAL EXCHANGE ORGANIC COCOA POWDER

 

Equal Exchange一向與比較小規模的農民合作,其中一個合作社CONACADO (the National Confederation of Dominican Cocoa Producers)位於多明尼加共和國,當Pedro Santo Gil說:「我們自從加入CONACADO後,我和家人的生活水平提高了。以往當農作物失收時,我們需要借貸度日,更試過要賣房子來償還貸款。現在我們既能獲得一筆低息貸款,又不用拿任何物品作抵押。加上我所種植的可可粉都是以有機方式生產,貨物的質量又提高了,而且CONACADO會協助運輸工作,我可以獲得更公平的回報了!」。

 

The National Confederation of Dominican Cacao Producers (CONACADO) is an organization of small-scale cacao producers in the Dominican Republic.

Pedro Santo Gil said “Since we joined CONACADO, it has improved the living conditions for me and my family. Before, when cocoa production drops, we need to survive on loans, we even have to sell our house to pay back the loans. Now we can get low-interest loans without pledge. Also, we grow our cocoa organically, so the quality has improved greatly. In addition, CONACADO helps me to transport the cocoa. Now I can get a fairer return!”

Equal-Exchange
Bayene-Wakoo_credit_Trade-Aid

FAIRTASTE ETHIOPIA YIRGACHEFFE COFFEE

“In the past, we may go a long way but still cannot find a good coffee buyer. Since joining the cooperative, it helps us to negotiate for a good price! The primary school that my six children go to is constructed using Fairtrade Premium.” – Bayene Wako, Coffee farmer, Yirgacheffe

 

細味公平埃塞俄比亞耶加雪夫咖啡

Bayene Wako是這包咖啡的生產者之一,「從前走很遠的路,也未必找到好的咖啡買家;自加入合作社後,它幫我們爭取很好的價錢!我六個孩子所讀的小學,也是以公平貿易資金興建的。」